5-6 sweet potatoes
Dark brown sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
Store bought pancake syrup
- Evenly place sweet potatoes in a pot of salted water; bring to a boil; do not crowd the pot or stack (important not to overcool, keeping the potatoes firm).
- Once cool remove skin and cut into ½-inch coins.
- Place evenly on a lined sheet pan. Sprinkle with a copious amount of dark brown sugar.
- Add a tab of butter to each sliced potato (at least half a teaspoon). Season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Drizzle with store bought pancake syrup.
- Roast in a 375˚F oven until the edges get crispy and caramelized. Get ready to receive lots of pats on the back!
Christian Petroni is the chef/owner of Fortina, which has locations in Armonk, Rye Brook, Yonkers and Brooklyn, NY, as well as Stamford, CT. He has served as a contestant and judge on the Food Network’s Chopped and Beat Bobby Flay—and is a winner of Food Network Star.
Let’s Talk Thanksgiving
Best use of leftovers:
Make a ragu beb!—Chopped turkey simmered with chopped garlic, chopped onion, minced carrots and some good quality crushed canned tomatoes. Serve with large tube pasta like paccheri or rigatoni.
How do you prepare your turkey?
Brined and traditionally roasted
Potluck or host preps all? Host preps all
What’s your family’s favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
Having the family all together in the kitchen putting an Italian spin on the American Thanksgiving classics.