When it comes to cake, sometimes chocolate or vanilla just doesn’t cut it. And when those occasions arise, we have the perfect solution. Renowned cater, Abigail Kirsch (of event venue Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock in Stamford), shares their recipe for their ultra-moist, ultra-delicious Carrot Cake Bites!
CARROT CAKE BITES
(makes one 9” x 13” pan, approximately 50 1.5” squares)
1 cup sugar
¾ cup oil
1 ¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded carrots
1.5 cups (340g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9”x13” baking pan.
2. In mixer with a paddle attachment, mix eggs and sugar until they become fluffy in texture.
3. Add in oil and mix to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
5. Gradually add dry flour mixture into the eggs and sugar until combined, scraping sides of bowl several times.
6. Fold in shredded carrots. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
7. Bake the carrot cake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely.
8. To make the frosting, use a stand mixer or hand mixer to mix all of the cream cheese frosting ingredients together until the frosting forms soft peaks.
9. Once the cake is cool, invert onto a clean surface.
10. Spread frosting on top of carrot cake evenly. You may have extra frosting which can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
11. Cut frosted carrot cake into 1.5” square pieces and serve.
Brought to you by Abigail Kirsch