WHO WE ARE
Westchester Medical Center Health Network is a comprehensive network of care, focused on advancing the health and well-being of the Hudson Valley. With its flagship Westchester Medical Center (WMC), the region’s only advanced care hospital, WMCHealth is a lifeline for the region’s residents.
Born and raised in the Hudson Valley, WMCHealth brings together a network of 10 hospitals on eight campuses, spanning 6,200 square miles. WMCHealth has more than 1,900 inpatient beds and a workforce of more than 12,000, with nearly 3,000 attending physicians providing the finest care at all levels for the children and adults of the region.
EXPERTISE AND FACILITIES
• WMCHealth now includes MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY, Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital: Mary’s Avenue Campus in Kingston, NY, and Margaretville Hospital in Margaretville, NY, in addition to WMC, Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital and the Behavioral Health Center in Valhalla, NY.
• WMC is home to the region’s only Level I adult and pediatric trauma center, organ transplant center, stroke center, burn center and full-service heart center. Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, the region’s only children’s hospital, houses the only pediatric ICU and Level IV neonatal ICU in the region. WMCHealth also introduced telehealth technology—the first and only program of its kind in the Hudson Valley—to support inpatient teams and to provide remote access to specialized care for patients who otherwise would not have local or timely access in their communities.
• The WMCHealth network includes trauma centers, community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, home care, assisted living facilities and one of the largest mental health systems in New York.
• WMC and Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital each received the highest level trauma verification (Level I) from the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons. WMCHealth is the second organization statewide to receive this status for both adults and children.
• MidHudson Regional Hospital’s Certified Home Health Services was recently named a Top 100 agency in the nation by HomeCareElite.
• Bon Secours Community Hospital Mental Health and New Directions Units received the Outstanding Community Service Award from Rehabilitation Support Services, Inc. Orange/Sullivan Division.
• Three WMCHealth hospitals were recognized with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s 2016 Get With the Guidelines awards for adherence to recognized quality measures.Westchester Medical Center received the Get With the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus Achievement and Target: Stroke Honor Roll awards; HealthAlliance Hospital: Broadway Campus received the Get With the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Achievement award; and MidHudson Regional Hospital received the Get With the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus Achievement award.
Westchester Medical Center Health Network: 100 Woods Rd., Valhalla, NY, 914-493-7000