Makes 1 cocktail
2¼ ounces bourbon (67mL)
1 orange peel
1 luxardo cherry
4 dashes bitters
1 sugar cube
- Cut a 1-inch circle of orange peel.
- Place a sugar cube in a glass and saturate with bitters.
- Muddle the sugar cube and then add 1 ½ ounces of bourbon.
- Add ice and stir well.
- Using a match or lighter, warm the orange peel up, then squeeze while holding at a 45° angle over glass. Wipe peel on rim of glass and drop in.
- Add cherry, and ¾ ounce of bourbon and give a final stir. You may add a small spritz of soda as well. Garnish with a strip of orange peel and enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of John Kanell of Preppy Kitchen