GWF 10th Anniversary Celebrity Chef Gala Honoring Jacques Pépin
Presented by Coterie
With Jacques Pépin, Michel Nischan, Rocco DiSpirito & Special Guests
Friday, October 7th, Abigail Kirsch at The Loading Dock, Stamford, CT
Take a Seat at the Country's Best Chefs’ Tables!
In honor of legendary Chef Jacques Pépin, award-winning chefs will prepare their own signature hail to the icon with a creative and unique four-course dinner.
Guests will have the opportunity to purchase seats at a 10-person table directly overlooking their favorite chef preparing their exquisite dishes…. but first come first serve. The four-course dinner will be paired with Vergelegen Wines - South Africa's Vineyard of the Year 2021 and available in the USA exclusively through VClub.
- Carlos Baez, The Spread, El Segundo & Magic Pie
- Jes Bengtson, Terrain Garden Cafe & Amis Trattoria
- Arturo Franco-Camacho, Geronimo Tequila Bar and Southwest Grill & Shell & Bones Oyster
- Evans Corrales, Rowayton Seafood
- Albert DeAngelis, EastEnd, Terra, Mediterraneo
- Julio Genao, Prime Stamford
- Michael Kaphan, Purdy's Farmer & the Fish
- Geoff Lazlo, Geoff Lazlo Food & The Country Table
- Stephen Lewandowski, Townhouse
- Nick Martschenko, South End, SE Uncorked & SE Back End
- Emily Mingrone, Tavern on State, Provisions on State & Fairhaven Oyster Co.
- George Mendes, Abigail Kirsch
- Forrest Pasternak, Bailey's Backyard
- Debra Ponzek, Aux Delices
- Jared Sippel, L'Ostal
- Matt Storch, Match & Match Burger Lobster
- Bill Taibe, Kawa Ni, The Whelk & Don Memo
- Renee Touponce, Oyster Club
- Luke Venner, Elm
- Chad Welch, Coterie Luxury Senior Living
Vergelegen Wines being served will include:
V1700 - Bordeaux Style Cabernet Blend - Complex with dark fruit, spice and cedar wood. The wine has soft and elegant tannins and a very long aftertaste. Only the finest Grapes are hand picked from the bunch to produce this masterpiece.
V - Bordeaux Style Cabernet Blend - Complex nose showing blackcurrants, red cherries, cedar wood, graphite and cigar box aromas. The wine is concentrated but elegant, with fine-grained tannins
GVB Red - Bordeaux Style Cabernet Blend. (Scoring 97 Points) The wine is concentrated, without being over extracted, but elegant. The flavors are ripe but not jammy and sweet. The tannins are simply beautiful.
GVB White, Bordeaux Styled Sauvignon Blanc / Semillon Blend. The wine is tight, focused and beautifully integrated with herbal, grapefruit flavors, ripe tropical notes, and a long focused aftertaste.
Chardonnay Reserve - The wine shows an attractive lemony yellow-green color with a complex nose of citrus, white peach, pineapple, spice, citrus blossoms, apricot and buttered toast aromas. The taste is long and elegant with a lively minerality.
MMV Brut - A Cap Classic style Blanc de Blanc. Lovely fine mousse with a hint of toast, citrus, spice and baked apples. Long, lingering and refreshing aftertaste.
Florence Rosé - Lovely fresh berries in a rose gold liquid with a long dew fresh aftertaste.
6:30 pm Cocktail Reception
7:30 pm Chef’s Table Dinner with award-winning wines
Followed by Music & Dancing with DJ April Larken
GREENWICH WINE + FOOD BENEFITS THE JACQUES PÉPIN FOUNDATION AND THE WHOLESOME WAVE ORGANIZATION
Start time: 06:30 p.m.