Serendipity‘s May issue features Greenwich resident and renowned filmmaker Rob Burnett on the cover. Inside, he talks about what he learned working as a writer and producer on such iconic programs as The Late Show with David Letterman to his most recent, highly buzzed about project, The Fundamentals of Caring, a Netflix Original film starring Paul Rudd and Selena Gomez. This is also our entertaining issue, so the pages are full of pro party-planning advice and easy seasonal recipes your guests will love. Finally, you’ll find our special annual Design Market Digest, showcasing gorgeous home projects and inspiring interviews from top design experts. Cheers to spring!
1. A Life in Movies: Greenwich-based filmmaker Rob Burnett chats with Serendipity about everything from casting and working with Selena Gomez and Paul Rudd on his new film, showing it at Sundance and his unusually strong fondness for movie theater popcorn. Plus, the best advice he gives to his budding filmmaker daughter.
2. The Life of the Party: From casual soirees to more formal fetes, Mary Giuliani says simple is better. She shares how to throw an effortlessly fabulous party, from recipes to cocktails to smart hostess tips (hint: have a cocktail while you wait for guests to arrive!).
3. Flower Power: Deconstructed bouquets are the freshest way to display spring blooms. We have tons of tips from talented area florists on how to try this trend at home. (Above: Peonies, garden roses, hydrangeas and other stems, by Winston Flowers)
4. Race Day Drinks: The Kentucky Derby is on May 7th! We’ve got you covered on the cocktail front, with simple bartender recipes to whip up while you watch the Derby and the rest of the Triple Crown. (Above: Greatest Two Minutes by South End Restaurant and Uncorked, New Canaan, CT)
5. Design Market Digest: Serendipity brings you our annual bonus issue that’s filled with our favorite furnishings and textiles, while paying homage to the best architects and interior design experts in the area. Whether you’re making major renovations or small spring touch ups, all the inspiration and ideas you need are inside.