WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1863, Hospital for Special Surgery is the nation’s oldest orthopedic hospital. HSS is nationally ranked No.1 in orthopedics and No. 3 in rheumatology by U.S. News & World Report (2015-2016). Now, patients in Connecticut can access the same world-class specialists and care in a convenient location at the HSS Stamford Outpatient Center. Located right off I-95 within the Chelsea Piers Connecticut Sports Complex, this newly-constructed 18,000-square-foot facility offers a comprehensive level of orthopedic and sports medicine services as well as rehabilitation treatments and programs.
• The HSS Stamford Outpatient Center provides a comfortable setting whether
you are undergoing a diagnostic exam, visiting for a pre- or post-operative appointment or receiving care for ongoing treatment needs. At this location, we offer MRI, digital X-rays and electromyography (EMG) and also have a Special Procedures Unit (SPU) with easy access to pain management procedures in an ambulatory setting.
• HSS Sports Rehab is conveniently located next to the HSS Stamford Outpatient Center and offers a wide range of physical and occupational therapy services for both adults and children. Education is also paramount here. Our Stamford specialists present regular educational seminars on cardiovascular health, injury prevention, arthritis and more.
There are more than 20 physicians and surgeons in Stamford. The team includes:
• Moira McCarthy, M.D., a sports medicine surgeon who specializes in arthroscopic and open knee and shoulder surgery. She is determined to offer customized expert care whether with surgical or non-surgical solutions for her patients.
• Daphne Scott, M.D., a primary care sports medicine physician who specializes in the non-surgical treatment of acute, overuse and chronic injuries. Dr. Scott is also an experienced family medicine physician which provides a strong foundation for her sports medicine practice.
• Samuel Taylor, M.D., a sports medicine surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive and reconstructive techniques of the shoulder, elbow and knee. He is an associate team physician for the New York Giants and was a former Greenwich High School athlete himself.
HSS Stamford Outpatient Center: 1 Blachley Rd., Stamford, CT, 203-705-2400