If you’re like us, you never met a beauty product you didn’t want to try. From true problem solvers to anti-aging to bold makeup, the world of beauty is big and sometimes overwhelming. Enter the Serendipity Beauty Blog, where our editorial team will bring you new content every month about the latest in the beauty industry, and the classics that have stood the test of time. Have something you want us to learn more about for you? Join the conversation with us by commenting below!
10 Summer Must-Haves!
Twenty years ago, the first Bluemercury store opened in Washington DC with a new model in mind for shopping luxury beauty. Creating a dedicated space to come shop the top lines, get expert advice and even some beauty treatments. Recently, our Editor Lisa Kennedy visited the New Canaan location to pick out her 10 must-have products for summer.
- Vita Liberata Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual Tan Lotion: Completely organic, this lotion uses ingredients like papain (comes from papayas) and Marula oil to lightly hydrate your skin and reveal a sun kissed glow. Use it on it’s own for a sun-kissed look or with another self-tanner to keep skin moisturized for longer lasting color.
- Lune+Aster RealGlow® Skin Tint: Free of harsh chemicals, this lightweight skin tint helps smooth your overall appearance for a clean, flawless face.
- Kiehl’s Crème de Corps: This beauty classic is quite simply the ultimate body moisturizer. Formulated with Sesame oil, cocoa butter and other key ingredients, this non-greasy lotion nourishes skin while locking in its natural moisture.
- Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: Protect and treat your lips with this cult fave that nourishes your lips for up to six hours while providing a just kissed tint.
- Supergoop! Sunshine in a Box Set (limited edition, in stores only): Perfect to keep in your bag on-the-go this package comes with three products to get your Vitamin D fix all summer long. It includes HUM Nutrition Here Comes the Sun High Potency Vitamin D3 for healthy skin and a strong immune system, Supergoop!’s Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 which provides ultimate protection with the lightest touch and Supergoop!’s Defense Refresh (Re)setting Mist SPF 40 which provides easy to apply (even over your makeup) protection throughout the day.
- M-61 Hydraboost Collagen+Peptide Water Cream: New from M-61, this anti-aging cream is a must-try for anyone looking for younger looking skin. This dermatologist tested cream has a rich, creamy texture without a heavy feeling on your skin.
- NARS Bronzing Powder: This award winning bronzing powder comes in four shades designed to match every skin tone and give it a beautiful sun-kissed glow. It’s great to keep in your beach bag or on a night out to add a golden shimmer to your skin.
- NEST New York White Peach & Honeysuckle Classic Candle: Created with Blue Mercury Co-Founder Marla Beck, this new candle fills any space with bold yet light floral scents.
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic: This best-selling product uses antioxidants and other key ingredients to help your skin build collagen and reveal younger skin. A few drops each morning before you moisturize will take your skin to the next level.
- Chantecaille Longest Lash Faux Cils Mascara: The newest formulation uses peptide technology to give your lashes a bold, clean look.